Want to be a movie star? Want to know how to get picked at your next audition? Here are 10 things you should know:
1. Be punctual: Never arrive late for your audition. If you have been scheduled for a particular time, make sure you show up ready at that time.
2. Be memorable: Stand out. Really. There are a lot of talented people vying for the same spot as you, so you need that extra sauce to make a lasting impression on the judges.
3. Be focused: Do not let your mind wander at your audition, or get engrossed with your phone. Focus on your script and your performance.
4. Be prepared: Practise, practise, practise before going for any audition. Get into character and work on feeling comfortable playing that role.
5. Make a good first impression: Your first 10 seconds matters a lot. Make sure you go in composed, with a friendly face.
6. Looking good is good business: Dress great. Let the first thing the judges see give them some positive vibes.
7. Give it your best shot: Do your very best while auditioning. Do not let the sight of super stars who have also come in for the audition discourage you.
8. Be confident: We all get nervous sometimes, and even the pros experience stage fright too. So, take a deep breath, calm your nerves and be confident about your performance.
9. Go with your picture and resume: Except you are internationally acclaimed, always go with your resume and a photograph of yourself. You might be asked for this.
10. Have a good time: Enjoy the experience. Even if you don’t get the spot, you will have many other opportunities in the future!